Our mid-week market outlook video covers a lot of ground, looking at several interesting trade setups.
Below is a summary of the video. Please feel free to comment or hit us up with any questions.
The S&P 500 and NASDAQ Composite hit all-time highs. But today was a stalling day as investors await more information regarding a potential trade deal with Canada. Let’s review:
– All four major U.S. equity indices have strongly bullish intermediate postures
– The U.S. Dollar now has a bearish intermediate posture, which is helping to support some international equity markets
– Treasury yields had an outsized day as the 10-year surged to a current yield of 2.88%
– As expected, long government bonds and utility stocks were down, but REITs had a strong day and junk bonds finished flat
– Health Care, Technology, Discretionary, Industrials, and Real Estate sector ETF charts continue to look strong
– The Sector Selector tool shows strength in the Consumer Discretionary sector from the specific perspective of individual components within the sector hitting new 52-week highs
– The trade application example highlighted in today’s video featured selling a bull put spread on VF Corp (VFC), which recently reported a major corporate reorganization and its stock has shown a tendency to respect the $91.00 level in recent weeks
Get market insights, stock trading ideas, and educational instruction over at the Market Scholars website.
Any opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author, and do not in any way represent the views or opinions of any other person or entity.