It’s Friday. It’s Springtime. And it’s time for some fun. Besides, everything is coming up roses and it feels great. Doesn’t it?
1) Bill Gross Our resident bond expert is calling it quits on his longterm affection for US Treasuries. Gross did, however, make it clear that his firm, PIMCO, is not short US treasuries. Fantastic! … he just thinks they are a terrible investment.
2) Payrolls Jobs are everywhere! And free! Literally.
4) Helicopter Ben He got his big equity lift, so Middle America must be doing great! Right?
5) Government fire sale! The Government is for sale. Come buy a piece of the American dream! Sale ends Sunday!
6) IPO’s en vogue Some like it hot and some like it really hot! LinkedIn (LNKD) made a gigantic splash, registering an intraday triple, before settling for double in its debut. Cha, cha, cha… maybe the government should allow the unemployed to swap benefits for LinkedIn stock.
7) The underwear-o-meter Time for new underwear? Hell yeah, the economy must be rocking!
8) George Soros The guru sold his gold! We’re all saved!!! The fear trade is officially over. Ok, back to work…?
9) Mega mergers Beautiful work Microsoft (MSFT). Skype must be worth 2 or 3 billion, right? Try 8.5 billion, sucker! Three cheers for Steve Ballmer! Now if we could only apply that kind of appreciation to the needy housing market. Oh yeah… been there, done that. And we know how that story ended. Oh, who cares, we’re all gonna be rich again!
Previously published as a blog by Minyanville.
No positions in any of the securities mentioned at time of publication.
Any opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author, and do not in any way represent the views or opinions of his employer or any other person or entity.