EFFECTIVE: DECEMBER 16, 2012
Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information in the manner described below.
1. You may voluntarily provide us with information, including:
• Your name, email address, and any other information that you provide in registering to use the Website and its services (collectively, the “Services”);
• Information when you contact us; and
• Any other information you voluntarily provide us within using the Website and its Services, including comments and other content.
2. We automatically collect other information about you, including:
• Your Internet Protocol address;
• Domain name of your Internet service provider;
• Your approximate geographic location;
• The Website pages that you visit and the time of your visits; and
• Aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify you when you use or visit the Website and its Services.
3. We may collect information about you from third party sources.
User Content and Monitoring
1. User Content. A user may submit comments or other content which are visible to the other users and may be publicly available. Before submitting content, please read the Terms carefully. You should be comfortable with the information you choose to provide. We make no representations and undertake no obligations as to the information you voluntarily provide when submitting content.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes, including:
• The purposes for which you provided it;
• To administer and provide you with information about your account;
• To send you information about your relationship with us;
• To contact you with information, including promotional information and recommendations, that we believe will be of interest to you;
• To develop new products and services;
• To process and respond to your inquiries and comments;
• To personalize and enhance your experience using the Website and its Services;
• To generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
• To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
• To prevent fraud and abuse of the Website and its Services and to otherwise protect members and visitors and our business;
• To administer, operate and improve the Website and its Services and for internal business purposes; and
How Your Information is Disclosed
1. Third Party Service Providers and Business Partners. We may use third party service providers and business partners to perform functions in connection with the Website and its Services. Examples include functions related to signing up for our email lists and for posting user comments and conversations. We may share information about you that they need to perform their functions.
2. Third Parties for Their Direct Marketing and Other Promotional Purposes. We may share your information with third parties, including our business partners, for their direct marketing and other promotional purposes.
3. Business Changes. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, bankruptcy, reorganization, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
5. Investigations and Law. We reserve the right to investigate fraud and abuse on the Website and its Services and enforce and apply the Terms. We may disclose information about you to third parties if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
• Take action regarding suspected illegal activities;
• Enforce or apply the Terms;
• Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
• Protect our rights, reputation, safety, and property, or that of users or others;
• Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
• Protect against legal liability.
6. Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Website and its Services with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
7. User Content and Monitoring. Please see User Content and Monitoring above.
8. Cookies, Other Storage and Web Beacons. Please see Cookies, Other Storage and Web Beacons below.
Cookies, Other Storage and Web Beacons
1. Cookies. Cookies are small bits of information that are transferred to and stored in separate files within your computer’s browser. You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Website and its Services.
• Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed.
• Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when they close the browser software.
2. Other Storage. Flash cookies (also known as local stored objects) are data files that can be created on your computer by the websites you visit and are a way for websites to store information for later use. Flash cookies are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. You can disable the storage of flash cookies. For additional information about managing and disabling flash cookies, please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
3. Web Beacons. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a Web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
We may deliver advertisements to you. We may work with third-party advertising companies that help deliver these advertisements to you. To learn more about third-party online advertising and to opt out of certain types of advertising, please see http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
While we take reasonable measures to protect the information you submit via the Website and its Services against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Please keep your password secure. No Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding with which information you provide us.
Links to Other Websites
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information on our Website and its Services.
1. Changing Your Information. To change your information, including keeping your information accurate, please contact us at email@example.com. We will take reasonable steps to change your information in our possession that you have submitted via the Website.
2. Email Communications. To change your information regarding email communications, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. User Content and Monitoring. Please see User Content and Monitoring above.
4. Cookies, Other Storage and Web Beacons. Please see Cookies, Other Storage and Web Beacons above.
5. Closing Your Account. You may close your account by contacting us at email@example.com. If the email account associated with your email address is not active, we may close your account on the Website without notice in our sole discretion.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Website. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Contact Us
Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at email@example.com or writing us at:
See It Market, LLC
PO BOX 398082
Minneapolis, MN 55439-8082