Yup, October was a wild month. And we were all over the action… even before it started. Fellow SIM contributor Ryan Detrick’s September 29th post on “Why October May Be A Roller Coaster Ride” gave readers a glimpse of what was to come. And it was all that and more. From the mid-month lows to the end of month highs, the market jumped over 10 percent (in two weeks). If you haven’t read it already, be sure to check out Andrew Kassen’s McClellan Oscillator study.
THE BEST OF SEE IT MARKET – October 2014
As the market’s were correcting, we had some timely research posts:
- Aaron Jackson’s look at deteriorating market breadth
- Ryan Detrick’s call for still lower prices
- My post focusing on the VIX and Put/Call ratio (capitulation)
- Chris Kimble’s post on the impending small caps rally (at the bottom)
I’ve missed a lot of great posts and people, but you can find more of them below. We have such a great team of active investors providing boots on the ground insights and high quality research.
I hope you will take a few minutes to review some of our best posts from the month in our latest installment of The Best of See It Market. This is your chance to check up on our work – please feel free to provide feedback/comments any time. We appreciate your readership.
- Why GoPro Stock Is Set For A Pullback by JAMES BARTELLONI
- Market Masters: Trade The Chart, Not Your Heart by DAVID BUSICK
- Poking The Bear: Is This S&P 500 Pullback Different? by ANDREW KASSEN
- Market Masters: How To Manage An Iron Condor Trade by GAVIN MCMASTER
- Small cap Outperformance: Pointing To A Market Bottom? by AARON JACKSON
- October Seasonality: Strong And Weak Trending Stocks by ROBERT LESNICKI
- S&P 500 Technical Support Update: Levels & Breadth by ANDREW NYQUIST
- Trading The Trend: Keep It Simple by DAVID KATZ
- Weekly Chart Scan: Using Discipline To Find Market Leaders by SHELDON MCINTYRE
- Bounce Or More? A Look At Where The SPX Rally May Be Headed by CHRIS BURBA
- Point & Figure: Caution, But SPX Uptrend Still Intact by KARL SNYDER
- 2014 Sector Performance Puts Spotlight On The Consumer by MARIA RINEHART
- 3 Threats To The US Stock Market by JEFF VOUDRIE
- Big Moves Expected In Brazil ETF (EWZ) by MIKE ZACCARDI
- Emerging Markets ETFs At Technical Crossroads by DAVID FABIAN
- 30 Year Treasury Study: Is The Bull Market Over? by JAMES BARTELLONI
Currencies & Commodities:
- Market Masters: Using COT Data To Identify Turning Points In The Market by ANDREW THRASHER
- US Dollar Index & Select USD Pairs Trade Setups by DAVE FLOYD
- Why The Oil & Gas ETF Is Rallying by MIKE ZACCARDI
- Is Gold Setting Up For A Santa Claus Low? by JAMES BARTELLONI
Look for another installment of “The Best of See It Market” next month.